Saturday, February 12, 2011

Air Mail

In a different era in my boozing, in another incarnation of this town, I used to spend my time in the grand old rooms of San Francisco, remote roosts attainable only by cable car, staircase or Air Mail.



Air Mail
  • 1 1/2 oz gold rum
  • 3/4 oz lime juice
  • 1 tsp honey
  • Champagne
Dissolve the honey in the lime juice. Add rum and shake with ice. Strain into a chilled flute or tulip glass. Fill with Champagne.
SOURCE: COCKTAILDB

Puerto Rican rum would be the usual thing here, though I made this one with 10 Cane with fine results. For the honey, I used lemon blossom, which went nicely with the rum.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, what a gorgeous photo of what sounds delicious.

    Soon I plan to post photos of people plunging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kinds words. And the Air Mail is indeed delicious.

    Looking forward to more of your photos from the Polar Plunge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.