Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sunday Morning

Sunday morning, praise the dawning
It's just a restless feeling by my side
Early dawning, Sunday morning
It's just the wasted years so close behind
—Lou Reed and John Cale

One of my favorite wine cocktails. I’ve never liked ordinary Mimosas much but enjoyed them with Campari. It gives the drink an edge and there’s that nice sunrise color. I’m not sure when I started drinking them that way, though I remember sitting around with my friends in New York one morning and we all knew what to do without having to discuss it really, beyond saying how much we liked them. Here’s a version with a couple of dashes of other bitters besides.

I should remember this as a use for oranges I’ve peeled for twists.



Sunday Morning

  • juice of a Valencia orange
  • 1/2 oz Campari
  • 2 dashes orange bitters
  • 2 dashes Angostura bitters
  • 4 oz dry sparkling wine or to taste (prosecco)
Shake all but sparkling wine with ice and strain into a chilled wine glass. Add bubbles, orange twist.
SOURCE: ROWEN, FOGGED IN LOUNGE

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.