Monday, October 17, 2011

Scotch Collins

A Scotch Collins sounded like a great idea but for some reason, I couldn’t find a recipe that talked specifically about scotch. In the end, I used David Wondrich’s Tom Collins as a rough guide to proportion. Maybe it was a little lighter than intended but definitely good in the warm weather we’ve been having, and the weighty scotch I used came through all the soda.



Scotch Collins
  • 2 oz blended scotch (Johnnie Walker Black Label)
  • 1/2 oz lemon juice
  • 1 tsp rich simple syrup
  • soda to fill
Stir all but soda with ice, and strain into an ice-filled collins glass. Fill with cold soda. Lemon garnish.
SOURCE: COMPOSITE

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous timing!

    I had a cut lemon and a can of seltzer open. I whipped one of these up with not a blended, but Speyburn 10 single malt... a super cheap and really tame single malt. (I was happy to see the Drinkhacker laud it.) Lemon always goes so well with the funkiness of Scotch. I'm lovin' it.

    http://www.drinkhacker.com/2011/10/05/review-speyburn-single-malt-10-years-old/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes things just work out. ;-)

    I will look for the Speyburn.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.