Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SE Portland Pub Crawling: Proof

Having nearly been carried off by a nasty cold, I’m back in the saddle again and not merely drinking for medicinal value. The misery cleared up enough to give me my palate back during a visit to Portland, Oregon last weekend, where I found Proof, a place on Hawthorne Boulevard I hadn’t seen before. It was especially nice because I was just fooling around on my own one afternoon without a plan and suddenly there was a cocktail bar, no pilgrimage to some must-try, no agenda. Melodie was behind the bar lending her distinctive charm to the place’s overall cocktail IQ.



Classic roots but fresh, and without straining every nerve to be different. Try the Tripple A, a rum drink that didn’t taste like the last ten things I’d had or made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.