Sunday, February 5, 2012

Beyond the Sea

A big mahalo to Doug for spurring us all into Tiki action for the month of February. (Sorry I’m late putting on my aloha shirt. Too busy getting... aw, skip it.) Here’s a spice number I made up this morning: cinnamon out front doing the funk with the Smith & Cross. Note the groovy mid-century Tapio Wirkkala glass. Hey, Finland’s an island—sort of.



Beyond the Sea

  • 1 1/2 oz gold Puerto Rican rum (Don Q Añejo)
  • 1 oz Smith & Cross Jamaica pot still rum
  • 1/4 oz St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
  • 1 oz lime juice
  • 1/2 oz Don’s Mix (B.G. Reynolds)
  • 1 1/2 oz ginger beer (Fever Tree)
Shake all except ginger beer with ice cubes and strain into a double old fashioned. Add ginger beer and ice to fill. Lime garnish.
SOURCE: ROWEN, FOGGED IN LOUNGE

5 comments:

  1. Coming up with tiki drinks in the morning? I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeps me out of trouble in the early part of the day.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a solid drink. I'll have to try making that one now that I have some ginger syrup made up again.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.